Saturday 28 April 2012

More to life

So I've had this terrible week but tried my best to smile through it all. Thank God my parents named me names that have an aura of positivity engrained therein; attributes that have stuck since childhood and how I pray they'll never depart (never-ending joy and tremendous self-worth). Sometimes, things take place in life and you wonder if you have it in you to rise above it all and be stronger than ever. It's particularly harder when people criticize you, alongside the decisions you make, not knowing the intricate nature of the struggles you may be undergoing. All they've gotta do is step in your shoes, walk a mile in them, and maybe, just maybe, they may see how hard it is to hold back tears and fake a smile...

Nonetheless, I am so glad to have Christ in me. He gives me joy, strength and a calm like no other even in the midst of raging adversity. Lyrics from songbirds like Francesca Battistelli bring this love of God richly and artistically. One of my favorite goes like this..

"...there's a joy inside I can't contain
but even perfect days can end in rain,
and though it's pouring down
I see you through the clouds
shining on my face..."


Another favorite by Carrie Underwood that always uplifts my spirits:

"...Jesus take the wheel,
take it from my hands,
coz I can't do this on my own
I'm letting go, so give me one more chance,
save me from this road I'm on.."


When all is said and done, it's important to realize that there is so much more to life than the usual day-to-day pressures and challenges. God didn't promise us that there wouldn't be hard times; we're all susceptible to trials and temptations, but he does guarantee His genuine & everlasting peace and grace always. In short, whenever circumstances seem to get the better of you and threaten to bring you down, turn it around and let this, fuel your determination to make it...

~The purpose of life is a life of purpose~

No comments:

Post a Comment