Monday 23 April 2012

Seriously??

Lately, I feel that there has been a conspiracy in the universe to tick off Thakura's "little" princess..i.e. me. There are a few things that go unspoken but obviously common sense is not common to all. For instance, a couple of days ago, I was working on a group assignment alongside my fellow students. Some did not even have the courtesy to show up but that was not the problem. As a concerned leader, I sought to find out if they were okay but again, they did not bother to respond. (Seriously, how were some people raised?) Anyway, as if that was not enough, a day to the deadline, one had the nerve to incessantly keep my phone ringing and buzzing with text messages in the name of seeking my help...Hello??? You don't just come waltzing into my space interrupting my me-time, yet expect me to be at your beck-and-call at your convenience. That's just pure disrespect. This got me thinking how we as human beings tend to lack respect for each other, and take a lot for granted. For instance, one great universal African menace (I dare refer to it as such) is punctuality; or lack thereof. It goes without saying, that if a meeting or gathering is scheduled to take place at a certain time, especially if informal, the expected time of arrival automatically would be an hour later. Same goes with dates, functions and other events... I believe that if people truly do respect each other, somethings would come automatically, such as observing time and being mindful of feelings. All human beings have feelings and they should treat each other the way they'd want to be treated. Even the Bible lucidly states that it is imperative to do unto others what you would want done unto you. That said, hope you're inspired to be the best you can be and to respect others in spite of the treatment you get in return. ~Commitment leads to action. Action brings your dream closer~

2 comments:

  1. For the group assignments...hehe, did many of them on my own in campo to the credit of everyone. For the time thing...guilty as charged. I still use a sun dial :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the group assignments...hehe, did many of them on my own in campo to the credit of everyone. For the time thing...guilty as charged. I still use a sun dial :-)

    ReplyDelete