Wednesday 1 June 2011

A place called Home

It used to be my shelter,
my solace when I was cold,
my refuge when I was worn
and a comfort when I was torn

I would run there when the world turned against me,
when friends became foes,
all I had in mind were my woes,
All the same, this place was like heaven,
Peaceful,warm and safe
A place I wouldn't trade for anything or anywhere...

However, as time went by, this place changed..
it became icy and multiplied my pain
all I felt was anguish and strain
Whenever I set foot there...

I hardly longed to return
but I had to, since I had nowhere else to go,
It killed me inside,
yet there was little I could about it..
Nothing except pray,
that someday I would break out of my nest, and fly away...
Away from the place I called home...

No comments:

Post a Comment