Friday 15 June 2012

A sinner's simple prayer

"Here I am again dear Lord, I'm calling on your name, I've done this many times before but this time it's not the same...I only came to say, I love you Lord..."

A prayer I've made so many times yet I keep finding myself descending my self-made bottomless pit. It's like I'm searching for something to fill this void in the life of me...And I keep running away from you, yet you always catch up with me. I acknowledge Lord, that nothing or no-one can replace your place in my life. I'm sorry, very sorry and ashamed for this sin that so easily entangles. I don't care about "having-fun-the worldly way" anymore. All I wanna do is serve you in the life you'll call me to. True, being your child calls for sacrifice, self-denial and total obedience to you. Not many envy this lifestyle, but Lord? I choose your way. I'm tired of living recklessly and feeling all empty inside, furthermore, without you.
As I utter these words in all humility, I am beginning to experience a calm wave and peace wash over my mind, heart, body and soul- something I've been longing for all my life. Material things, books, treasures-all these are meaningless. Only you can sustain my life. I now surrender my all to you.

"Take my life and let it be,
consecrated Lord to thee,
Take my moments and my praise
let them flow in ceaseless praise..."


From this day on Lord, I give myself wholly and completely to you. My thoughts, my feelings, my desires, my emotions, my will, my energies, my passions_ my EVERYTHING.
All I need is you Lord. Come and make my heart your home; and Lord? help me hold on to you ALWAYS. Saturate my soul and mind dear Lord, help me be sensitive to your spirit and do your will all the days of my life.

Amen.

From your loving daughter/son________

No comments:

Post a Comment